cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Pen table and line thickness

elle
4-Participant

Pen table and line thickness

Hi, 

I am trying to convert my drawing into pdf format however the line thickness of the pdf version is very thick. How can I reduce/change thickness?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:elle)

It is just a plain text file, you can cut what I have above and paste it into a wordpad or notepad file and name the file table.pnt.

The location can be in your home folder or the start up folder for creo. Be sure to edit the config.pro file so pen_table_file points to your file.

This is where mine points to, it is a network shared drive: pen_table_file X:\PTC_Settings\Plotters\table.pnt

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Try these settings in your table.pnt file.

! This Pen Table will print everything in black and white except
! user defined colors.
pen 1 thickness .015 in;
pen 2 thickness .012 in; color 0 0 0; letter_color; selected_color; shaded_edge_color
pen 3 thickness .010 in; color 0 0 0; sketch_color; curve_color; primary_highlight_color
pen 4 thickness .010 in; color 0 0 0; geometry_color; edge_highlight_color
pen 5 thickness .010 in; color 0 0 0; drawing_color; preselection_highlight_color
pen 6 thickness .008 in; color 0 0 0; quilt_color; hidden_line_color
pen 7 thickness .008 in; color 0 0 0; datum_color; previewed_geometry_color
pen 8 thickness .008 in; color 0 0 0; dimmed_color; section_color; background_color
elle
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Thanks for your reply. However can you kindly tell me how to create the table.pnt file and where to save it please?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Don't forget to tell the Creo to use the pen table when creating PDFs.  See these config options:

• pdf_use_pentable yes
  • pen_table_file <path to file, including extension>
elle
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Thanks for your reply. However can you kindly tell me how to create the table.pnt file and where to save it please? I have managed to get the configuration menu.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

It is just a plain text file, you can cut what I have above and paste it into a wordpad or notepad file and name the file table.pnt.

The location can be in your home folder or the start up folder for creo. Be sure to edit the config.pro file so pen_table_file points to your file.

This is where mine points to, it is a network shared drive: pen_table_file X:\PTC_Settings\Plotters\table.pnt

elle
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Thanks a lot, it has finally worked!!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You can actually name it whatever you want and store it wherever you want, you just have to set the config option to point to it.

elle
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Thank you so much! I have finally managed to get the line thickness as I wish!

Top Tags