cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Plug-in Application In Creo

yshinde
1-Newbie

Plug-in Application In Creo

Hi All

I am Very new in Creo Automation. I want to develop a plugin application in Creo using VB API but i didnt find a sample application or proper steps to do the same.

Can you help me to achieve the same.

I have created windows application Which can Communicate with Creo. Now i want to convert it to plugin in creo ie. when i click on ribbon button my application need to execute whether it is (DLL /EXE). Is it feasible or any workaround to do so.

Please help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
James62
10-Marble
(To:yshinde)

hi,

It's possible to run EXE files from a mapkey, see this thread: Re: a way to date / time stamp a drawing?

Such a mapkey can then be put on the ribbon menu.

TomasLoun
4-Participant
(To:yshinde)

The best way is to develop the plugin (auxiliary application) in Pro/Toolkit or Object Toolkit. Such an application can run as synchronous inside the Creo process.

Is it not possible through VB API ?

because i have already created application in VB API and i dont want to spend much time for Plugin in other language

Top Tags