cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Print drawing in PNG format

APEDRONI_89
5-Regular Member

Print drawing in PNG format

Hi i'm Andrea

I'm using Creo 7.0.2.0, i would like to export my drawing in an immagine in png format (without the background).

I know it's possible to export in jpg and tiff format, but i haven't found the png format.

Can someone help me, please?

thankyou

best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

5 REPLIES 5

I've used a lot of drawings in documents where I needed a .png file to import. My method is like this:

(1) Output drawing to PDF. Make sure to set color setting to Monochrome, and I use 600 DPI for resolution.

(2) Read that PDF file into an image editor. I use GIMP (it's free and does nice things). Be sure to tell it to import at 600 DPI or whatever you choose as your preferred resolution.

(3) Image should be just black and white. Make sure the drawing editor is set up to use transparency.

(4) Select by color, choosing the white background. Then delete it. You should only have the lines and other black contents.

(5) Export this as a .png.

It's not the most convenient method, but it works really well. Plus, with the image editor, I can clean up any things I don't like before outputting (customer name info, etc.)

APEDRONI_89
5-Regular Member
(To:KenFarley)

KenFarley thankyou for your reply

now i'm using the same process, but I thought there was a quicker or integrated solution.

Yeah, the only png output in the drawing is "snapshot" which is pretty useless, I think.

Hi,

maybe you can use something like https://www.win2pdf.com/doc/print-to-png.html

Martin Hanák

Top Tags