cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

ProSelect() and silhouette edge

AndreasHellmann
3-Visitor

ProSelect() and silhouette edge

Good evening,

does anyone know how to use ProSelect() to let the user select a cylinder's silhouette edge on a drawing?

Imy application the user should be able to select two points on solidgeometry - then I create a broken view with ProDrawingViewBrokenVisibleAreaSet(). If I pass "point" or "axis" as filter string (first argument) to ProSelect() everything works fine. I want the user to be able to select a solid edge - that works if we are talking about a "sharp" edge. I cannot select a silhouette edge with Toolkit. Is that right? Or is there some sort of "hidden" filter available for ProSelect()?

Any experiences with this???

Regards,

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Am Wartfeld 7
D-61169 Friedberg

phone: +49 151 21259910
mail: -

4 REPLIES 4

Andreas,
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by silhouette edge. Can you post a screenshot?

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CEB052.7AE88A30]

I have attached a picture with a screenshot for selecting a silhouette edge/surface.

And I want the user to be able to select this type of edge/surface...

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Am Wartfeld 7
D-61169 Friedberg

phone: +49 151 21259910
mail: -

bsyy
4-Participant
(To:AndreasHellmann)

Hello sir,did you solved this problem? I am encounterring this problem too

Andreas,

silhouette edge selection in a drawing mode was on a wish list for good 15-20 years. Still waiting for PTC to enable it.

If  a silhouette edge selection is critical for your app - one of workarounds would be to make a x-section on a fly through the selected rotational surface axis and use cross-section's curves instead of silhouette edge for the selection. This is similar to what a pro/e user had to do prior wildfire releases.

HIH.

FV.

Top Tags