cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Query BOM Balloon from drawing

Naveen
1-Newbie

Query BOM Balloon from drawing

I want to read information inside the BOM Balloon. After few trials on Pro/E UI, I figured out that the balloons are DetailSymbolInstance type of entities. I'm trying to query the type of entities, but it does not work at all.

To query those, I called ListItems(ITEM_DTL_SYM_INSTANCE) and ListDetailItems(DETAIL_SYM_INSTANCE) on the drawing. Both methods return incorrect output. To cross-check, I select the balloon interactively and queried it's type. This type is passed to ListItems and ListDetailItems. Even then I get erronous output.

As a workaround, I called ListDetailItems with null argument, so that it returns all detail entities and checked each one's type. On this, I get only one entity of type DETAIL_SYM_INSTANCE, when there are ~10 balloons in my drawing.

Now I do not know how to access this information. Whether I'm calling the right method on right object? Is there any alternate method to do this? Has it been concluded to be known issue with ProE?

6 REPLIES 6
Manoj
1-Newbie
(To:Naveen)

The BOM balloons in your drawing are driven from BOM Table or they are independent ?

Naveen
1-Newbie
(To:Manoj)

The BOM Balloon are driven by BOM table. Does it make any difference due to this?

Manoj
1-Newbie

I can not say for sure...but they should be different because path to reach the dependent and independent should be different...may be the final return type is same....try exploring BOM table option in JLink and see if they have something about the balloons.

Naveen
1-Newbie
(To:Manoj)

Your explanation is very correct. But the problem is also with table API. It does not give any direct API in Table. In fact in table I'm not able to check if a cell is in repeat region (There is workaround of querying component, but it is not a good solution).

Is there any common interface, from where I can check if a cell is part of repeat region and if yes, what is attached balloon instance?

Manoj
1-Newbie

I am not sure what information you wish to pull out... still....did you try retriving Symbol and then using pfcDetail.ParametricAttachment.GetAttachedGeometry...

Naveen
1-Newbie

I had logged issue to PTC support and they replied that this is not supported till ProE WF 5.0. No idea if they'll support in near-future.

Top Tags