cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Question about CREO 2.0

jkaliszewski
1-Newbie

Question about CREO 2.0

Ok everyone, I am using CREO 2.0, and when I zoom in on a part to constrain it, as soon as I click the check mark to finish the actions the entire model jumps off my screen making me either have to refit it to my screen or zoom around until I find it. It's happening every single time I do it.

Is there a setting that I missed that controls this? Is there a way to get it to stop doing that? It's wasting a lot of my time at work and driving me out of my mind also. This is the only 3D program I've ever used that has done this!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There's no setting. I guess it never bothered me enough, but you should be able to create a mapkey that records the current view and another that restores that view. It won't stop it from flying off, but at least you can get back to where you were without thinking too hard.

You might also like to set the interface to display the component being assembled in its own window. This can cut down on the zooming and spinning.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

There's no setting. I guess it never bothered me enough, but you should be able to create a mapkey that records the current view and another that restores that view. It won't stop it from flying off, but at least you can get back to where you were without thinking too hard.

You might also like to set the interface to display the component being assembled in its own window. This can cut down on the zooming and spinning.

Thanks, not the answer I was hoping for but I do appreciate the quick response.

Use the quick tool bar refit command at the top of your graphics window. 1 mouse click and the view is refitted to your screen.

But that refits the entire assembly view, not specifically the part or parts I was working with that jumped off of my screen. So, then I would have to re-zoom in on those parts again anyway. So that doesn't in anyway help solve my question or issue. As part of my question I noted that I would have to use the refit tool or to zoom around to find the parts again.

James you are correct problem not totally solved

I have 2 Mapkeys that I use that do resolve the issue...

1. sn- mapkey save view now, this save the view where you are zoomed into while assembling said component.

2. vn- mapkey view now, this returns to the save view where you are zoomed into.

so as you work along thru out the assembly process assembling different components run the Mapkey "sn" and when you assemble a component and the graphics disappear of the scren run the mapkey "vn" view now to jump directly back to where you were just zoomed into.

Dave

Awesome Dave, I will start using that. I wish the program would just not do it, but this is a great and pretty quick way to fix the issue. Much appreciated!

cprice
6-Contributor
(To:jkaliszewski)

I have found that the config option

sketcher_animated_modify no

(no = the section is not animated as modifications are regenerated)

sometimes helps keep the area being worked on from moving about

It may be something you want to try

I also use the config options

min_animation_steps 0

and

max_animation_time 0

'cause I find all the motion has a tendency to annoy me

try

sketcher_refit_after_dim_modify  no

I poked at the problem some more - the problem is that the scale and the pan of the view are based on the extents of the assembly. To prevent the extents from changing while parts are added/redefined, I inserted at top of the assembly tree (after the default datums) a large sketched circle datum curve. I made it about the same radius as the visual size of the final assembly and this was enough to stop the view from moving during redefines that otherwise went off the screen.

I still created the Save View/Restore View mapkeys, but they did not seem necessary after the datum curve was in place.

I'd recommend naming the datum curve as DONT_DELETE and suppressing it when the assembly was done to prevent it affecting higher levels of assembly, but there's no firm guidance for that. It's easy enough to recreate if required, or it could go to a layer and get hidden.

Top Tags