cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Read GD&T from a drawing by vbapi

hsb7
12-Amethyst

Read GD&T from a drawing by vbapi

Hi,

I've been working on a project to read dimension & gd&t values from a drawing. I'm successful in reading dimension but not gd&t. Could anyone please guide me how to do it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidBigelow
17-Peridot
(To:hsb7)

I am pretty sure that is only available via Pro/TOOLKIT or a special module within Object Toolkit.

Dave

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DavidBigelow
17-Peridot

I am pretty sure that is only available via Pro/TOOLKIT or a special module within Object Toolkit.

Dave

hsb7
12-Amethyst
(To:DavidBigelow)

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I just have a follow up question. Did you try to do this by yourself or do you have any official reply/statement from Creo community or  PTC people? If have to try & get Toolkit License I need to show something in my office. So I need some confirmation.

Thanks

DavidBigelow
17-Peridot

This is something you will have to confirm... but I am 99% sure that the GD&T info is only available via ObjectToolkit API + an additional license for this specific information.  You can get to some of it via Pro/TOOLKIT - but I would not bet that will be as complete or as capable as the latest APIs.

I would recommend you chat with PTC rep about the best options.

Dave

hsb7
12-Amethyst
(To:DavidBigelow)

Hi Dave,

Thank You so much for the information.

HanSolo97
5-Regular Member

Can you please provide me the codes to extract dimensions from creo drawings using VB API..will be helpful
I can currently extract dimensions from model  but unable to extract from drawings

Top Tags