cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

SUMMARY - Need Help with an Odd Sweep

lsrutkowski
1-Newbie

SUMMARY - Need Help with an Odd Sweep

I want to thank everyone who emailed me with ways of working out the sweep that I was trying to accomplish. I was fairly certain that this was a situation that would call for a varible section sweep would be necessary, and that was indeed the case.
In the end, I ended up need to create 8 features to generate my sweep.

My process (I took the method recommended by Mr. Drum and modified it slightly):
1. Create a surface copy of the outer surface (call this copy A)
2. Create a surface copy of the "lip" edge (call this copy B)
3. Create an offset of copy B a distance upward (into the part) the distance of my feature's width in cross section (copy C)
4. Create a curve of the intersect of copy A and copy B (curve D)
5. Create a curve of the intersect of copy A and copy C (curve E)
6. a. Create a Variable Section Sweep using curve D as the base curve and curve E as the secondary reference.
b. Set curve D tanget to the lip surface at all locations
c. Draw the feature, making sure to extend the shape beyond the surface intersect slightly (necessary to ensure that it will always intersect the surface around the corners)
d. Generate the VSS as a surface
7. Cut the VSS with copy A
8. Solidify the cut VSS
9. Hide (and save visiblity) all surface and curve features that were created

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags