cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Save model

SS4598
13-Aquamarine

Save model

Hello all,

I am saving a step file using ProIntf3DFileWrite() but I lose all colors assigned to parts and features. They are all set to grey by default. Is there any setting/config options I need to change before saving the model?

Or any alternative method to save .asm/step file without losing colors assigned?

2 REPLIES 2
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:SS4598)

A simple search yields the following as the first result:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Education-Forum/How-to-Create-STEP-file-with-Colors-from-Creo-Parametric/td-p/10975 

This tells how to output a STEP file in a format that supports colors. There are a number of versions of STEP file, apparently with different capabilities.

You'll have to figure out how to use the functions you are implementing to output a file with the settings detailed in the discussion. Hopefully the toolkit stuff you are using has enough descriptive comments for you to do so.

Hello @SS4598

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped to answer your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

Announcements

Top Tags