cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Spool change of wire

catipash
1-Newbie

Spool change of wire

I am using Creo Parametric 2.0. My Harness Part has 30 wires and 3 spools.Let us consider

a) 10 wires belong to spool A

b) and next 10 Belongs to Spool B

c) and the third 10 belongs to Spool C.

by mistake while routing i did not change the spool name and routed all the 30 wire with Spool A. Now if i want to change the spools as per my requirement what is the solution?

I tried to go for reroute it will not help.

I tried route spool is showing but non editable please give me solution.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Syed...

You should be able to simply edit the Parameters of your routed wires. Select Parameters from the Cabling menu (see below...)

params_cabling1.png

Next, select one or more wires or cables to edit. You can hold down the CTRL key to select multiple wires. Select OK and the parameter properties window will open. See below...

params_cabling2.png

From here you can select the spool for each wire and make changes by selecting an alternate spool from the drop down menu.

You should easily be able to modify the spools for each of your wires this way.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Syed...

You should be able to simply edit the Parameters of your routed wires. Select Parameters from the Cabling menu (see below...)

params_cabling1.png

Next, select one or more wires or cables to edit. You can hold down the CTRL key to select multiple wires. Select OK and the parameter properties window will open. See below...

params_cabling2.png

From here you can select the spool for each wire and make changes by selecting an alternate spool from the drop down menu.

You should easily be able to modify the spools for each of your wires this way.

Thanks!

-Brian

Thank Brian, That was a great help and quick response with correct answers.

Thanks Syed... glad I could help!

Glad to seek help from your posts.

Top Tags