Summary: What are the "safe" builds of Wildfire 3.0?
<u>[proecad] - What are the "safe" builds of Wildfire 3.0?</u> Pro/GURU, Sorry this is a bit late in coming…Here’s the summary. Based on this, M120 has some issues, but is stable for others.I heard nothing on M130; so, I ordered M120 for now.At least the issues are known.There are no guarantees that M130 fixes the issues in M120 and doesn’t have issues of it’s own. Apparently M070 is supposed to be a safe build.Can anyone concur? Best to all, JD <u>Original Posting </u>Pro/GURU, I am looking for input on what versions of Wildfire 3.0 are safe builds before I download a new version. We currently have M110, but it appears that we need to be on M120 or M130 to be compatible with PDMLink 9.0 - M010. Can anyone comment on any potential pitfalls of WF3 M120 or M130? Especially if you do a lot of sheetmetal. Or if you've been on it a while and "all's well", then that would be good info. too. Thanks in advance, JD <u>Responses</u><u> </u>Been on M120 for a while. No problems so far. Heard on PTC bulletin about problems with imported features. We do a lot of sheetmetal. No complains. I have been on M120 since it came out, and no problems/show stoppers that have hit me. I just ordered/downloaded M130. We have been on M120 for two months now without any real problems. We have two seats and we use them pretty much exclusively for sheetmetal. If you look back through the old threads, you'll see some references to problems that seemed specific to M120, but I think they turned out to be anMS Intellimouse driver issue. The driver issue has been periodically turning up since Wildfire came out. Customer Support Bulletin Important Notice for Users of Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 Datecode M120 Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 Datecode M120 exits unexpectedly when retrieving a part containing an inheritance feature with a renamed reference part or when renaming the reference part in session. For more information see TAN <u>139242</u> M120 has issues with family tables and Intralink 3.4, not sure of how it acts with PDMLink but when we upgraded to M120 it sure bit us in the butt. <u>Follow up </u>We were told we were the first to run into the issue. There is a running TAN or SPR out there with all the issue with M120, I can't find the number though. We could run everything fine in Pro-e, open/modify/save a family table but when we went to check in we received a Toolkit error. We were told to go back to M070 (supposedly the cleanest cut they have). We haven't noticed any issues with it and have been on this for a month or so now. PTC to us to avoid M120 as it apparently has all kinds of problems.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.