cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Symbol Palette in Drawings - Today's Daft Question

JWayman
1-Newbie

Symbol Palette in Drawings - Today's Daft Question

WF4, M220 here.

In Pro/Detail (my favorite...), when I insert a Centre of Gravity symbol from the On Entity Attachment palette, If I drop it onto a Point or a vertex, say, the attachment point is just a fraction away from the centre of the symbol.

It sits correctly in the vertical direction, but maybe 1/10 of the symbol diameter to the left of centre in the horizontal direction. As a result, if I zoom in to the C of G datum point on the drawing, the symbol does not line up with it.

Is it me? Am I doing something wrong? Or is the symbol just a piece of junk?

More importantly, can I edit it to prevent this misalignment? If so, how?

Thanks,

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:JWayman)

You can pick a new origin for the symbol. If it has geometry there is an 'origin' choice default/custom. You can also edit the underlying definition and set the origin within the Attributes sub-menu. Symbol Gallery is hidden under the 'format' drop-down group in WF5.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:JWayman)

You can pick a new origin for the symbol. If it has geometry there is an 'origin' choice default/custom. You can also edit the underlying definition and set the origin within the Attributes sub-menu. Symbol Gallery is hidden under the 'format' drop-down group in WF5.

Thanks, david.

That worked perfectly.

It is also under the 'Format' menu in WF4.

Cheers,

John

Top Tags