cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Symbol Palette in Drawings - Today's Daft Question

JWayman
1-Newbie

Symbol Palette in Drawings - Today's Daft Question

WF4, M220 here.

In Pro/Detail (my favorite...), when I insert a Centre of Gravity symbol from the On Entity Attachment palette, If I drop it onto a Point or a vertex, say, the attachment point is just a fraction away from the centre of the symbol.

It sits correctly in the vertical direction, but maybe 1/10 of the symbol diameter to the left of centre in the horizontal direction. As a result, if I zoom in to the C of G datum point on the drawing, the symbol does not line up with it.

Is it me? Am I doing something wrong? Or is the symbol just a piece of junk?

More importantly, can I edit it to prevent this misalignment? If so, how?

Thanks,

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:JWayman)

You can pick a new origin for the symbol. If it has geometry there is an 'origin' choice default/custom. You can also edit the underlying definition and set the origin within the Attributes sub-menu. Symbol Gallery is hidden under the 'format' drop-down group in WF5.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:JWayman)

You can pick a new origin for the symbol. If it has geometry there is an 'origin' choice default/custom. You can also edit the underlying definition and set the origin within the Attributes sub-menu. Symbol Gallery is hidden under the 'format' drop-down group in WF5.

Thanks, david.

That worked perfectly.

It is also under the 'Format' menu in WF4.

Cheers,

John

Top Tags