cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

Hi All

I am doing connection to Creo using VB API. We have Creo 4.0 M090. Everything was working fine and we were able to connect to Creo but suddenly application got crashed and some error occurred which I am not sure.

Post this issue, Connection.start API which was working is throwing error as per subject i.e. RPC_E_SERVERFAULT. 

Could anyone throw some light on this?

Thanks in advance...!

Regards

Ketan

6 REPLIES 6

Hello.

Your application and Creo have the same bit depth (64 or 32 bit)?

Try to reinstall creo if you do not did.

Navku
13-Aquamarine
(To:Ketan_Lalcheta)

Try after end task the pfclscom.exe in Task manager

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:Navku)

Yes this is what we used to do but this is not the good practice to tell as a solution to end user... Can we do something in exception handling when something fails so that this issue doesnot happen at all in case of any previous Creo app run failed ? 

Navku
13-Aquamarine
(To:Ketan_Lalcheta)

Yes, But You can do the same in your code before starting the creo session.

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:Navku)

Oh I thought other way... I thought to do something when exception occur and session is gonna close abruptly... But not sure what to do...

Even if I should do before connection to Creo , what exactly need to be done ...? To kill process of that pfclscom.exe or something else ? What if already another Creo session is running on the system on which custom tool of VBAPI starts new session for automation purpose and close newly created session ? In such design , which pfclscom.exe (already running proper version of Creo by end user) would be killed if in case I need to kill exe before starting to create new Creo session object ?

Need to kill pro_comm_msg.exe

If you have another active Creo session - this is not a problem. You can kill all pro_comm_msg.exe process without trouble for Creo. In next try of a connection to Creo this process will start again.

Top Tags