cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Toolkit: How to get and update/delete list of missing/failed dependencies?

MadhaviG
11-Garnet

Toolkit: How to get and update/delete list of missing/failed dependencies?

I wan to fetch list of missing/failed dependencies, check the name of missing model and then want to update the dependency.

any help would be great.

6 REPLIES 6

use API ProMdlDependenciesDataList() to get list of dependant models. Check whether same file is present into directory where top level model is opened.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

yah that is true but I am stuck at updating the list of dependencies. How do I delete one?

Correct. Could not find anything to unassemble through toolkit. Do let me know if you get some information

ProMdlDependenciesCleanup() could be what you want to use ? It automatically checks against possible dependencies.

There is no way to directly delete deps. You remove them by deleting the component, skeletton, ... that is building up the reference, or use the dep cleanup function (remove interchange assemblys, ...).

Br,

Eike

Checked and found that ProMdlDependenciesCleanup() does not alter any thing.

Below is what I did:

- ProMdlCurrentGet : Get current model

- ProMdlDependenciesList : Found dependency list

- Loop through all dependencies

- Get handler of Model

- Convert to Mdl

- ProMdlDependenciesCleanup

I checked with proper simple assembly having two parts. I ran code twice and there was no change at all. Both times I got dependency count as 2.

Additionally, i got further confused that how to open missing reference assembly in Creo through Code. if we will load / retrieve, it will be stuck for further processing as menu manager will be activated by Creo due to missing references.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

Top Tags