cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Tutorials (Books) for VB API, JLINK

ClaudiuCraciun
6-Contributor

Tutorials (Books) for VB API, JLINK

Hi, I'm looking to buy tutorials for VB or JLink. Do you know is it there somebody that created tutorials for these 2 modules? I know that PTC has the user guides for these but for a new user in these 2 modules seems to be complicated. I'm looking for a tutorial with examples. I was thinking if a lot of companies created hundreds of books (tutorials) about how to create a protrusion maybe there is somebody that created a tutorial about these 2 modules. Also PTC University doesn't have these 2 modules in their list. Thx CC
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

JD Felkins (FELCO Solutions, http://www.felcosolutions.com/) has a class available for JLink. I know there were others on this forum somewhere asking the same thing, y'all might be able to get a few students to get it together. I would say that, for either of these, grab a java or vb book and get the basics of that language before trying to implement any of your own programs. Once you have the basics of the language, the interface becomes slightly more palatable. I haven't done anything using the vb api, but the function calls look the same (between JLink and vb), so I would surmise that once you're comfortable with one, so it will be with the other.
Top Tags