cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

U1073 and MSB3073

jsu
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

U1073 and MSB3073

Hello! I am working with Creo 3,0 and Visual Studio 2012 Update 4. When I build the code, two errors come out.

Error U1073: don't know how to make 'C:/PROGRA~1/PTC/CREO~1.0/M010/COMMON' and error MSB3073: The command "nmake /f make_install dll" exited with code 2.

It may be caused by the wrong value of PROTOOL_SRC. My value ist C:/PROGRA~1/PTC/CREO~1.0/M010/COMMON~1/PROTOO~1. Is it right? Should I set the value of PROE_INSTALL_PATH and its value should be what?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Christian

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:jsu)

Hello Christian,

have you been able to solve the issue?

The message don't know how to make 'C:/PROGRA~1/PTC/CREO~1.0/M010/COMMON' hints to a problem with the path to your target file specified.

Obviously the space between Common ans Files is again tripping nmake.  Usually the DOS naming - as you used it - should be OK, so this is strange.

Maybe you can start with a test, simply copying the protoolkit directory into a file structure without blanks in the name and then give it a try from there.

If it works, you know at least that the path is the only issue and you have a working base from where you can experiment to track down the issue.

Regards,

Gunter

jsu
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

Hello, Gunter,

thank you for your reply. This address is already the DOS address. Because I want Creo to work in asynchronous way, so the setting is different. I have modified my setting, in fact I am not very clear what the options mean in the setting. Finally it works.....

I will post a new question, if you have time, could you have a look and may you are also interested.

Regards,

Christian

Top Tags