cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Unable to open Protoolkit help file.

ptc-5030898
1-Newbie

Unable to open Protoolkit help file.

Hi

I don't whether this question is already answered or not.

I am trying to open protoolkit API help document (index.html) located in protkdoc directory.

But everythime it fails with AccessControlException "access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\protoolkit\protkdoc\images\PTCLOGO\ptclogo.gif" "read")"

Tried running IE in admin mode, but same result.

Can anybody help me to get this resolved. I am using Win7 64 bit. Creo 2.0 M70

the detailed log is :

Java Plug-in 10.51.2.13

Using JRE version 1.7.0_51-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

User home directory = C:\Users\sandeep.kavade

----------------------------------------------------

c: clear console window

f: finalize objects on finalization queue

g: garbage collect

h: display this help message

l: dump classloader list

m: print memory usage

o: trigger logging

q: hide console

r: reload policy configuration

s: dump system and deployment properties

t: dump thread list

v: dump thread stack

x: clear classloader cache

0-5: set trace level to <n>

----------------------------------------------------

CacheEntry[file:/C:/Program%20Files/PTC/Creo%202.0/Common%20Files/M070/protoolkit/protkdoc/APIWizardStartup.jar]: updateAvailable=false,lastModified=Wed Aug 28 09:10:39 IST 2013,length=2459

# Swing Found.

CacheEntry[file:/C:/Program%20Files/PTC/Creo%202.0/Common%20Files/M070/protoolkit/protkdoc/APIWizardUI.jar]: updateAvailable=false,lastModified=Wed Aug 28 09:10:39 IST 2013,length=91030

Reseting Vectors

Error dfdasfdsfdsfsd:java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\protoolkit\protkdoc\config.TXT" "read")

Error in reading Configuration File

Error dfdasfdsfdsfsd:java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\protoolkit\protkdoc\msg.TXT" "read")

Error in Reading Message File

Errorjava.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\protoolkit\protkdoc\api.IDX" "read")

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\protoolkit\protkdoc\api.IDX" "read")

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.AWTAppletSecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(Unknown Source)

at java.io.File.isDirectory(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)

at API_DataManager.init_readAPITreeFile(API_DataManager.java:300)

at API_DataManager.<init>(API_DataManager.java:249)

at apiwizard.init(apiwizard.java:67)

at com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter.init(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Foreground = sun.swing.PrintColorUIResource[r=51,g=51,b=51]

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I have something. I found the cause of this problem. Need to use Java version 1.6 instead 1.7. I made virtual machine based on Windows 7 with Java 1.6 and Internet Explorer 8. And all works fine.

You can download Java 1.6 by this link.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Sandeep,

This issue may occur due to Changes to JRE Security Dialogs. For detailed information refer below articles.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS130577

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS133402

I hope this will answer your query.

Regards,

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for reply. The links provided talk about JRE 7 Upate 21 and Update 25.

I am not aware of how to start apiwizard in webserver. But thanks for the reply.

Hi Sergey Dobrovsky,

Thanks for reply. This is a nice work around. Now I have something which I can refer to.

Hello to all

I have the same problem. Вге I do not have access to the links shown above. What can I do with Java settings to open protoolkit help? Please, anybody help me ))

Hi,

Currently I don't have any solution for this. Again after Java update on my machine I am not able to access the above link.

PTC has to take some serious step to resolve this issue.

Hello,

I have something. I found the cause of this problem. Need to use Java version 1.6 instead 1.7. I made virtual machine based on Windows 7 with Java 1.6 and Internet Explorer 8. And all works fine.

You can download Java 1.6 by this link.

Top Tags