cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Unexpected Creo Simulate Geometry created

BlairDownie
4-Participant

Unexpected Creo Simulate Geometry created

I am using Creo Parametric 7.0 7.0.0.0

I'm using the Creo Parametric TOOLKIT to create Creo Simulate Geometry. My model has 2 overlapping parts that I want to get the non-manifold representation for. However in one area of the model, the geometry from the overlapping faces is not imprinted onto each face. Instead the imprint geometry is represented as individual ProMechEdges that are associated with the correct ProMechSurface but not used by any ProMechContour on that surface. Other areas of my model produce the correct non-manifold representation. What causes the ProMechModel to create wires edges instead of imprinting the edges into the face?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BlairDownie
4-Participant
(To:MWunder)

Thanks for your response.  I have opened case 16059524.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello

beside the relation to Toolkit I'd assume that the above issue, "merging geometry" and Manifold Representation of the Faceted Geometry would need a Creo Simulate expert in first place.

Once clarified, the impact to Toolkit (with customized code in hand) can further be discussed.

Justification: Toolkit actually only does what the user interface is supporting too

If possible please Create a New Support Case against Creo Simulate to upload necessary data and to make PTC able to fully investigate and understand the issue.

With regards

BlairDownie
4-Participant
(To:MWunder)

Thanks for your response.  I have opened case 16059524.

Top Tags