cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Updating Pro/TOOLKIT apps to Creo 2.0

bbailey
3-Visitor

Updating Pro/TOOLKIT apps to Creo 2.0

Hi All,

We are beginning to look at updating our Pro/E 4 and 5 clients to Creo 2.0.
I am interested in anyone's experiences in updating TOOLKIT apps to Creo 2
from older versions.

Any glaring pitfalls, what are the major concerns, that sort of thing. I
will of course share our experiences as well.

Thanks,

Ben

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You will have to migrate your Menu based buttons to Ribbon based. Other than that it wasn't that difficult for me. Of course you have to change compilers and settings but that's part of the game.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CDB296.C299CBB0]
bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:bbailey)

Hi Ben,
Here is my experiences from upgrading J-Link apps.

The biggest hurdle was adding the applications to the UI having them available in every needed mode and securing that individual applications can be retired or new one added without affecting the UI setup for other applications.
My solution was to add a J-Link tab with empty named groups for every mode in the creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui adding every single application to the relevant group through the applications own .ui file.

The initial GUI setup of the application is a different code and setup files differs as well, but this was the same for all my applications so learn ones and then reapply.

Only thing I remember I had to change was finding sketched datum points as ModelItems. They are handle different in Creo as they are in an ordinary sketch.

/Bjarne

Any Pro/DEVELOP code will have to be replaced.

Bob Monat
Jerand Technical Services, Inc.
bob@jerand.com
www.jerand.com
1-317-875-6087

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Williams, Patrick
<->wrote:

> You will have to migrate your Menu based buttons to Ribbon based. Other
> than that it wasn’t that difficult for me. Of course you have to change
> compilers and settings but that’s part of the game.****
>
> ** **