cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

VB.Net and Pro/Toolkit Interoperability

ptc-5022200
1-Newbie

VB.Net and Pro/Toolkit Interoperability

Hi,

Is there a way we can call some Pro/Toolkit function from a C dll in VB.Net application and have this Pro/Toolkit API perform some operation in Pro/Engineer.

Basically what i am trying to do is

1. Create a VB.Net application for customizing Pro/Engineer.

2. I understand that there are some limitations of using Pro/Engineer VB API's, example the API's required for feature creation and manipulation are not available (UDF's may be an exception). So i want to write some methods in a C dll using Pro/Toolkit and call them from VB.Net.

Is this kind of interoperability between VB.Net and Pro/Toolkit is possible and are there any limitations?

I request someone to provide some guidance on this or an example if available.

Appreciate your support!

Best Regards,

Prudvi

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Look at the functions ProToolkitTaskExecute() and ProToolkitDLL*().

Bob Monat
Jerand Technical Services, Inc.
bob@jerand.com
www.jerand.com
1-317-875-6087

Hi Bob,

My requirement is to call Pro/Toolkit custom dll functionsfrom VB.Net application.

As per documentation, ProToolkitTaskExecute() and ProToolkitDLL*() are same Pro/Toolkit functions to call another Pro/Toolkit custom dlls.

Best Regards,

Prudvi

LarsZiegler
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5022200)

Hello Prudvi!

Yes it is possible. A long time agoI wrote a Win32-Dll that exports functions to use in VB6.0.
I used that in Wildfire 3.0 cause I don't like the managed extension of VS2003.

Now using Wildfire 4.0 with VS2005 it is possible to write managed code for .NET 2.0.
You have to use C++/CLI and write wrapper classes for your toolkit funktions.

So you can use VB.NET or C#.

Greetings Lars

It's easy to execute toolkit functions from VB.

See chapter "

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Rudolf-Diesel-Str. 6
D-65439 Floersheim / Germany

phone: +49 6145 598296
mail: -

Hello Lars and Andreas,

Thanks foryour reply. I will check the method you suggested.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Prudvi

I am doing the same work now.

Top Tags