cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

VBA : Fast parameters edition ?

ArN
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

VBA : Fast parameters edition ?

Hello all,

Actually working on the modification of prt / asm parameters through ProE VB API. In order, I want to :

- Check out from Windchill

- Modify parameters (deletion, addition, modification).

- Check in.

I am able to do so by opening the files in ProE and doing the modification. However, when opening big assemblies, I am loosing a huge amount of time (files brought to workspace, loading). Does someone no a way to update parameters without opening the file or to open only an assembly without its children to reduce execution time ?

I was able to open an ASM without its model tree and to access parameters this way manually. However I did not find anyway to do it through VB.

Thanks to anyone who could provide me some ideas or took the time to read that post.

Bye !

Arnaud

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
ArN
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ArN)

Hello all,

Finally found a way to accelerate my parameters' edition scripts, usnig the "open_simplified_rep_by_default" option in ProE. I temporarily set this option to the symbolic representation value in order to open only the main file and not to drag dependencies. Parameters remain available and assemblies dependencies are dragged neither into the workspace nor in the session.

Bye !

sndong-mefane
5-Regular Member
(To:ArN)

Hello

could you teach me out to check out a model from Windchill using VB API please?

thanks

Stephane

Top Tags