cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

WF5 Toolkit Apps w/Menu - to Creo3 - Menus?

msteffke
12-Amethyst

WF5 Toolkit Apps w/Menu - to Creo3 - Menus?

Can I still use my old menu picks from my past apps in Creo 3?    I have several main menus, with dozens of submenu item picks. 

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark -

My experience with migrating "menubar menus" to Creo 2.0 and later is that they are added to a "TOOLKIT" ribbon group under the "Tools" tab (if a model is active) or the "Home" tab (if no model is active). If this is acceptable to you, for now, then you won't need to create ribbon entries for Creo 3.0.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mark -

My experience with migrating "menubar menus" to Creo 2.0 and later is that they are added to a "TOOLKIT" ribbon group under the "Tools" tab (if a model is active) or the "Home" tab (if no model is active). If this is acceptable to you, for now, then you won't need to create ribbon entries for Creo 3.0.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Thanks Mark.. I loaded a couple and got them to show up in the tools tab.   I don't love it.  They are available but not readily accessible, but at least having them there buys me time to figure out how to get them in ribbons or a better place.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:msteffke)

Hi all,

As Mark had answered ProMenubarMenu's created in WF5 will work with Creo 3.0 (Win 7 OS, no luck on Win8.1, don't know about Win 10).

You can 'fake' the ribbon functionality by creating a ribbon on your machine and populating it with custom toolkit commands, exporting your ribbon configuration(s) like you would do for user customizations and distributing creo_parametric_customization.ui file with your application(s) - the end users could import this file via 'Import customization file'  command or use load_ui_customization_run_dir config.pro setting. You have to make sure that your WF5 menu loading code calls ProCmdDesignate() for every command.

my $0.02.

Feliks.

msteffke
12-Amethyst
(To:FV)

Thanks Feliks, I may consider this option in the coming weeks.

Top Tags