cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Wait/Delay function?

msteffke
12-Amethyst

Wait/Delay function?

Is there any type of wait/delay function to Pro Toolkit, or C for that matter?

I am having a situation (and I have in the past) where the dll processing seems to get ahead of the file writing creation routines.  And the dll processing can seemingly get ahead of video card regeneration.  I admit this is rare, but writing a lot to a loop, the program processing is moving forward.   We are talking nanoseconds here but when you are looping and retrieving and exporting, I have had the odd situation where just sometimes exports have been created  when drawing dimension have not snapped to snap lines if a parts size was modified and driven by top-down design.

The old Visual  Basic had do-events, and VB.net still has  Application.DoEvents. for just this reason.   IME sometimes with DLL's you just needed this to let different code strings catch up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomasLoun
4-Participant
(To:msteffke)

No, there is no such a function and there is no need for it. You can use standard C functionality - see for example this: c++ - Sleep for milliseconds - Stack Overflow

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomasLoun
4-Participant
(To:msteffke)

No, there is no such a function and there is no need for it. You can use standard C functionality - see for example this: c++ - Sleep for milliseconds - Stack Overflow

msteffke
12-Amethyst
(To:TomasLoun)

Thanks Tomas, looks like just what I needed.   Its worth a try for me to see if this helps my situation.

Top Tags