cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Where is the default location of Creo Parametric?

OS_11014878
3-Visitor

Where is the default location of Creo Parametric?

Where ist the default location of Creo Parametric while it´s connected to windchill?

When i search it in Creo itself it shows me that path: wtws://XYZ/DEFAULT Creo/

But this path cannot be found in the explorer. 

I am trying to find the local workspace in my explorer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:OS_11014878)

They are not encrypted, but they are renamed.  Windchill manages the relationship between the filename on disk and the 'real' name (that Creo sees.)  Files that start with sid_ are files that were downloaded from Windchill and files that start with lid_ are files that were created locally.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JB_87049
15-Moonstone

Can't that be found in your AppData folder?

Out of curiosity, what do you want to do?

No, it cant be found there.

It´s also a curiosity of mine to understand how the system works. 

In some cases it could be usefull to find the files in a folder than just in Windchill.

Local workspace default location is

%appdata%\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.cache2008\

Just copy-paste this string to the Windows Explorer address bar and press Enter )

But local workspace location may be changed by system variables PTC_WF_CACHE.and PTC_WF_ROOT.

So better way - open in Creo menu 'File' > 'Manage Session' > 'Server management' > 'Cache' tab > copy path from 'Location' field.

Thanks, i found the Cache and there are folders with files.

But not the prt or asm files, I found mostly WFCONT files. Is it possible that the files are encrypted? 

TomU
23-Emerald IV

They are not encrypted, but they are renamed.  Windchill manages the relationship between the filename on disk and the 'real' name (that Creo sees.)  Files that start with sid_ are files that were downloaded from Windchill and files that start with lid_ are files that were created locally.

Top Tags