cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Which Autumation Tools

ptc-2659071
1-Newbie

Which Autumation Tools

I want to automate my frequenly works. Which automation tool is best? Mapkey, Trail File, C++ or VBA. Mapkey is not enough. It is just repeat mouse and weyboard actions. There is no "if then else", loop, user interface. Trail files is same mapkey. C++ is difficult language. I am mechanical engineer, not software engineer. I thing VBA is best, but it works external to Pro/E, not like Excel Macros. Do you share your experience to me? Is VBA good or not? I write a program with Visual Basic and debug this. And I when I open Pro/E, it must run. Not manuel, automaticly run with Pro/E. It is posible. Thanks...!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I mostly use mapkeys. For more copmlex tasks i use Pro/Weblink. It is html+javascript page that runs in the integrated web browser. Weblink have smaller developement cycle (edit file -> refresh browser and you have new version). There is also JLink with Java programming language. This environment is similar than VBA.
Top Tags