Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get an ""Internal Error 2738""

Why do I get an ""Internal Error 2738""

<p><br />About one in 20 installations get an internal error &ldquo;2738&rdquo; installing CoCreate Modeling PE 2.0 on Windows Vista.<br /><br /><strong>Solution</strong></p><p class=""MsoNormal"" style=""line-height: 10.5pt""><span style=""font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial"">Windows Vista doesn't always register the VBScript run-time interface. At first find out where vbscript.dll is. The typical location is in C:\Windows\System32. Next you need to go to <em>Start</em> &gt; <em>All Programs</em> &gt; <em>Accessories</em> and then right click on <em>Command Prompt</em> and select the menu &quot;<em>Run as administrator</em>&quot;. In the command prompt self enter following commands:</span></p><p class=""MsoNormal"" style=""line-height: 10.5pt""><span style=""font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial"">$ cd C:\Windows\System32<br />$ regsvr32 vbscript.dll</span></p><p class=""MsoNormal"" style=""line-height: 10.5pt""><span style=""font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial"">The command regsrv32 should confirm that the VBScript has been registered. After successful completion of this action, the installation should work.</span></p>
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why do I get an ""Internal Error 2738""

Hello,

I have this pop-up window "Internal error 2738" when I try to install the PTC Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express 6.0 version.

I try the above recommandations but it still doesn't work.

I have a 64 bits system with windows 7.

Can I have some help please ?

(sorry for my english, I'm french   )

Re: Why do I get an ""Internal Error 2738""

Same problem here. Windows 7 professional 64 bit (PTC mentions that Windows 7 Ultimate is a prerequisite - are they serious about that?). Did anybody here get any help from them to solve that? If not, then it's a sort of reference for me for the future.

Announcements