cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Wildfire 2 (M280) Motion Engine running on Windows 7 x64...

dsimpson
1-Newbie

Wildfire 2 (M280) Motion Engine running on Windows 7 x64...

We have an old licence of PTC Pro Mechanica standalone (Wildfire 2, datecode M280).  Structure runs happily on Windows 7, as does the Motion UI, but I cannot get the Motion UI to connect to the Engine to run motion analyses.  The response I get is:

COMMAND:

Opening "..\..\..\..\Work\Temp\Mass_modes_01" ...

The model "..\..\..\..\Work\Temp\Mass_modes_01" is now current.

COMMAND:

Run

Checking validity of design study ...

Starting a private Mechanica Motion engine ...

Unable to connect to the Mechanica Motion engine.

*** WARNING *** Unable to connect to the Mechanica Motion engine.

*** WARNING *** Save model and exit.

COMMAND:

It seems to be possibly an installation issue, as the 64bit install has a different working directory (C:\CAE\PTC\mechWF2\x86e_win64) to previous 32bit installs.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?  I have MS Visual C++ installed and DotNET 3.5 running, but no joy!!

Thanks for any suggestions, Dominic

Tried asking in Analysis & Simulation but it was suggested that I ask here instead.

Ancient Pro Mechanica Motion on Windows 7

Tried installing a 64bt C++ compiler but that didn't change the error message.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:dsimpson)

Wow, Mechanica Motion! This has been really a long time we had questions about it!

I only remember that it needed a compiler/linker to generate the code to process the analysis.

Maybe there is not even a 64-bit library version available? See this post: Mechanica Motion WF2, C Compiler on XP-64?

The other idea: I remember that you had been able to install Mechanica independent from Pro/ENGINEER and hence it was required to specify the Mechanica directory from the Pro/ENGINEER installation. Did you check this (of course, if other Mechanica modes like Structure or Thermal work OK, then skip this suggestion)

Gunter

Top Tags