cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Working with Notes and parameters

KB_9100625
4-Participant

Working with Notes and parameters

I have two question on the notes in creo 4.

1. can i change the default note name for ex Note_01 to Gen_note001

2. is there a way to create a parameter note without opening the parameter box itself like can i add a relation that would equate Note_001 to a parameter? (not &parameter name) 

ex. note_001= Note Parameter named noteA_001

5 REPLIES 5

(1) You can change the note name directly by selecting it from the Drawing Tree.

(2) Notes cannot be manipulated by relations. The only way I know of to use String parameters in notes is to reference them as &parameter, but you don't want that.

(2a) Parameters are limited in their usefulness for notes. They have an 80 character (I think) limit on length. They can't, as far as I know, include carriage returns or other "line feed" characters, so can only specify at most one line of a note.

KB_9100625
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

ok so that makes sense i was wondering though if there was a config setting to change the default name so i dont have to click it to do so

Do you want show in note a text from a parameter in this note?

So i want to generate a note with "hello world" and i want it automatically be titled Gen_note"#" when it appears in the tree 

Hi, IMO:

- regular mapkeys + clever hacks are not going to work.

- you can make a custom application with weblink / VB / toolkit

- look into Creo|SON and you can use a programming language of choice. 

Top Tags