cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

cant install creo other than system drive

xzhang-4
1-Newbie

cant install creo other than system drive

Hello everyone,

I am really confused here, when I install creo 3.0 parametric, it automatically goes to my c drive which

is the system drive, even after I set the preferrence installation directory to my d drive, it still installs

to C drive.

I also went in to regedit to change all the default installation directory to D, it works for other software

like java, but for creo, it goes to c again.

My win7 system was reinstalled since i switched from hdd to ssd. i am only using 120gb for my system drive

so i dont want to install apps in c.

Based on my situation, can anybody help resolve my problem? thanks in advanced !

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:xzhang-4)

After entering 😧 for your install drive, press the enter key.

Just entering a different location does not change it. You need the ENTER to get the install program to 'accept' the change.

Thank you so much

breed
4-Participant
(To:xzhang-4)

So this is not directly related to your question (I think Ben has the correct answer for that.) However, I would recommend keeping Creo and if you use Windchill the workspace cache on your new SSD drive performance will be much faster. I know it takes up a lot of space but, you can always use the spare drive for less demanding applications/files.

Top Tags