cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

fit to screen... not quite

jaapkramer
1-Newbie

fit to screen... not quite

Hi, when I click "fit to screen", very often the fit is not quite what I want. The model(s) stay a lot smaller then possible. It seems that Pro/E always takes the size of datum planes etc. into account when doing the fit to screen, even when they are hidden. A lot of the models we import from our otherCAD system have datum planes that are outside the model itself, so when I do a fit to screen on these, the model stays small. This is very annoying, especially when I use a "create thumbnails" tool I wrote in J-link (see attachment). Is there a way to force Pro/E to do a "fit to screen" based only on the things that aren't hidden??? Thanks! Regards, Jaap
6 REPLIES 6

hi, u cannot modify the standard orientation of pro- e, u can set the orientation as u feel in different name. Just go to reorient view icon in pro-e menu bar beside the view manager & view list, in tat Dynamic orient, change the angles with viewing model in graphic window & save it.

Hi, ehhh.... the orientation is not the problem. It's the amount of zoom that's wrong. Pro/E seems to "see" the (hidden) datum planes (that are larger than the physical model itself) when doing a "fit to screen". This results in an image with only a small model on it. So, it's a lot of grey background and only a bit of useful information on the picture. When creating thumbnails, it makes the model unrecognisable Kind regards, Jaap

hi, Thn u can modify the parent datum planes by adjusting its size.

One workaround is to define your own views within Reorient and then define mapkeys to match the views created. I believe you can save the zoom as well as the angles used in each view. But you'll have to define new views for each model, so... I have mapkeys with 10 different views assigned to the numerical keys (0-9). Other than that, I don't know, however I have seen that the users of this forum often come up with solutions much better and quicker than PTC technical support. Maybe you'll get lucky. Best regards! JVidal

Hi, thanks. Yes, i could resize the size of the datum plane, but we typically work with assemblies of appr. 6000 parts. That's why we don't want to do modifications by hand. And even if the datum planes are small, it wouldn't help if they are far outside the model Regards, Jaap

No, you cannot make ProE ignore the datum planes, hidden or not. It will consider them when it calculates a View>Orientation>Refit.