cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

linking creo 3.0 and simulink impossible.

ssimpson
1-Newbie

linking creo 3.0 and simulink impossible.

Hi, i'm trying to link creo 3.0 m070 with my 2017a matlab for simulink multibody according to these instructions:
https://uk.mathworks.com/help/physmod/smlink/ref/linking-and-unlinking-simmechanics-link-software-with-proengineer.html

However i have a whole load of issues that no one on the internet seems to have an answer for, including current questions asked on this forum.

First of all, i've follow multiple guide on this and my creo root folders do not have a protk.dat file as per the answer for this question: Enable Simscape Multibody Link Creo-Pro/E Plug-In

in the general sense.

the closest i have is this; F:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M070\Common Files\jlink\jlink_appls\jlink_param\protk.dat, but the issue with that is that isn't the only protk.dat file that appears if i search it in my root directory for creo.

also if i go into the help menu in the creo program and search down to configuration files read, it says nothing about a protk.dat file.

Also when i try find the two matlab files:

exec_file matlabroot\bin\win64\cl_proe2sm.dll                                        

text_dir matlabroot\toolbox\physmod\smlink\cad_systems\proe\text 

(as in i search for them) they do not exist.

if someone could help i would be very grateful, otherwise as i said, this is literally impossible as i don't have magical files that are meant to exist.

p.s both programs run fine, so please no condescending comments saying if i didnt have the files my programs wouldn't work.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags