cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

windchill checkin using creo toolkit

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

windchill checkin using creo toolkit

Hello

Below is my understanding:

• You can check out drawing only without doing check out of dependent parts and assembly. Then save drawing into Creo and do check in of drawing. Is this correct?
  • You can check out assembly only without doing check out of dependent parts and sub assembly. Then save assembly into Creo and do check in of assembly. Is this correct?
  • You can check out drawing along with all dependent and then save drawing into Creo and do check in of all dependents along with drawing. Is this correct?

You cannot check out only drawing with few dependent and keeping rest all dependent as it is. I mean check out of few dependent and doing check in of those only is not allowed through toolkit. Is this correct?

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

4 REPLIES 4

Any hint would be of great help on this. I am still not having Windchill set up. So cannot test it on my own.

Has someone come across this scenario?

To be honest, I think your scenario depends on more settings in Windchill. If I assume the easiest settings, so your Lifecycle for all components  allows CheckIn/Checkout you should be able to CheckIn only the modified Drawings. Finally only modified objects can be checked in back (yes you can force this) .  Checkout gives you the right to modify the object next, nothing more. But with the API you will force a change without the ask, do you really want to modify. All of your statements are wrong in my point of view, so you can do this.

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:RPN)

Thanks for this information.

Let me try to put my understanding into words.

• You can check in all files (independent) by just check in drawing using API. We are simply creating version without asking use to check for really a file is modified or not.
  • We can independently check in one file through API.
  • To allow above things, windchill setting must be applied to favor these. 

Above mentioned understanding is correct or not?

I don’t think so, you have to deal with dependencies. If the drawing model was changed, my guess, it will be checked in as well, and you get an error if not checked out. Same for modified models in an assembly. Consistency must be valid.

Top Tags