cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

3D iges to single layer 2D iges/dxf

ptc-6727879
1-Newbie

3D iges to single layer 2D iges/dxf

Hi there,

I have the following problem:

I have one machine (laser scanner optics), which can handle only 2D files from the basic structure of the software fro, ie DXF.

I would however like to be able to realize 2.5D machining. For this I create me from a 3D model Creo by the intersection of a plane with the solid geometry reference curves. Screening thus I create a quasi layer model of my original 3D body. If I fade the volume geometry now, only the curves remain, which I then save as IGES. Now I still lack the last step -> 3D iges or reference curves to let me spend layer by layer as separate 2D IGES or DXF so that I can import into the laser software again. Although the software also imports IGES 2D but only when height information is stored, no longer works. I would also prefer to obtain the individual reference curves as separate DXF. Has anyone an idea how the work with Creo can? Or other software that accomplishes something like this?

Thank you in advance for your advice

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags