cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

4 motion-directions

pgeissler
2-Guest

4 motion-directions

Hello everyone,

I use Pro-E Creo Parametrics Mechanism and i got a problem:

I want a contact to move 4 times, in 4 different directions (x,y,z,-y).

My contact moves in x-direction for a certain distance (no problem, schedular defined engine).

After that, he shall be taken upward with a spring borne unit (cam follower, defined get-off, curbed, no problem at all).

Then, if the contact is on his end position (in y-direction) a feeder moves him backwards (z-direction, like the spring unit defined, no problem)

But finally during the last step:

The contact is on his right position in x and z but now a upper punch shall take him with in -y direction and thats my problem.

The cam follower from the spring borne unit is endless defined in z-direction and because of that my contact dont want to move down because spring unit says "no u have to stay here".

If I'm rotating the cam about 90° i get problems during the down movement.

Every trial to limit the cam failed and failed again and my simulation doesnt want to do the last step.

Do you got any ideas for me?

My only solution is the idea of a 2nd schedular defined engine in y-direction, but that is not exact enought for me, looks bad and will be too much effort.

Greetings, Philipp

PS: If you want a simulation video, just say i havent done it till now because my firm doesnt want me to share videos with our intern contacts to all 😕

Therefore i would replace it by a block...but then i get other problems xD so just tell me if you really need the video to understand^^

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

PSS: Video uploaded

Not the area I usually support, but maybe breaking down the question will help triggering suggestions. This is what I understand:

• You want to make the part move into -Y direction by a cam-follower, but another cam-follower (pushing in +Y direction) is conflicting.
  • This is because the other cam-follower is defined to be infinite in z-direction.

(the part can never get out of contact with the first cam-follower while moving in Z-direction)

Can the issue be tackled, by making the cam-follower not infinite in Z-direction, so the part would get out of the blocking contact when pushed in Z-direction?

No thats exactly the problem, if i'm trying like this the program will not do the analysis because then you got the same problems when the "contact" moves down...or even in different words the cam follower in z direction will be infinite in x direction and thats the problem.

I see that the component fails to drop once it is shoved to the gripper.

I am going to suggest it doesn't have this as a degree of freedom which wouldn't make sense since it lifted just fine. Have you considered assigning gravity?

Also, check that the suface you selected for for the lift is not a continuous plane. If you drop the lift prior to the punch, does it work properly?

Since this is a lot of work already, give this to tech support to solve assuming you have maintenance. That's why we pay them the big bucks!

And a more careful look also shows a "pin" on the horizontal "pusher" that seems to go inside the part as it is being pushed. Seems this would try to sheer off in your sequence.

pusher.PNG

Jes gravity included and gunter koch even pointed the problem.

@"pusher-pin": in reality there is a freeing in the contact but i had to replace it by a simple block, because of concealment 😕

Top Tags