cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Account Management & Prcision LMS Create Users

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Account Management & Prcision LMS Create Users

I think there is a problem with PTC's user accounts. But I've been going round with a guy from Precision LMS.

Here's the problem. In the screen shot below the account management window shows the user has created an account and I believe upgraded the access it has. Yet the Precision LMS windows shows that a search for that users account returns nothing.

[cid:image002.jpg@01CD60CF.4C189A70]

The guy from Precision LMS is trying to tell me I'm doing something wrong. He says this is the process.

The process you was talking was old one. Now there are 3 steps to assign Precision LMS license to new user.

1) Create user account in account management system

2) Add user in Precision LMS

3) Assign license to the user.

Which I think I already know. My response was this:

The problem is once the user creates their account and upgrades it, it is not visible inside of Precision LMS.

1) Create user account in account management system <-- The user does this

2) Add user in Precision LMS <-- This is the problem step. You search for the users account and it's not showing up.

3) Assign license to the user. <-- I do this after step 2. I know how to do this.

There appears to be a loss of communication between Account Management and Precision LMS

Is anyone else having issues with this. Or am I truly doing something wrong.

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Did you Synchronize Users with LDAP?

Bryan Bruder
CAD Administrator
Current Product Engineering
Markem-Imaje USA
Tel. 00 (1) 603 283 2881
www.markem-imaje.com

This e-mail message and any attachments are proprietary or confidential, are solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, use, dissemination or copying of the message or associated attachments is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and also delete the communication from your system. Thank you.

Nothing contained within this e-mail, including attachments, is intended to include or constitute an "electronic signature" as defined in 15 U.S.C. § 7006(5).

I didn’t even know that pick was there. I’ve never bothered to create custom fields so never went there.

Are you saying you have to do this on a regular basis in order for the process to work like it’s supposed to?

David Haigh

So when I tried to synchronize with LDAP it finally came back saying it failed.

David Haigh

I assume it would eventually Synchronize, but normally my fellow workers need to create a PTC.com account and I immediately create the PrecisionLMS account. Because I do this all within a few minutes the LDAP needs to be synced.

Bryan Bruder
CAD Administrator
Current Product Engineering
Markem-Imaje USA
Tel. 00 (1) 603 283 2881
www.markem-imaje.com

This e-mail message and any attachments are proprietary or confidential, are solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, use, dissemination or copying of the message or associated attachments is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and also delete the communication from your system. Thank you.

Nothing contained within this e-mail, including attachments, is intended to include or constitute an "electronic signature" as defined in 15 U.S.C. § 7006(5).

Ok, I finally have the solution. What used to work apparently no longer works.

[cid:image002.jpg@01CD60DA.23EA5830]

I've always just been entering the users email into the search field and then picking search. Used to work, I swear it! Besides you are on the Create & Edit users page, seems to me either method should work.

The search method doesn't work, so you have to pick on the Create New User button and enter the email on the next page.

[cid:image006.jpg@01CD60DA.23EA5830]

David Haigh
Top Tags