Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding "Dark Background" option to the config.pro file

SOLVED
Highlighted

Adding "Dark Background" option to the config.pro file

Hi All,

What do I need to add to my config.pro file to make the "Dark Background" option be activated when I start the program? I know it's easy to go to options and all, but I'd like to get rid of that extra step.

If there isn't a way to do this, then how can I change the color for the dimensions (in both the sketch and when they appear on the 3D model) in the config.pro file? I have searched high and low and cannot figure out how to do this.

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Adding "Dark Background" option to the config.pro file

Hi Samuel...

You have multiple options:

• Set the value of system_colors_file in your config.pro to point to a file containing the settings you like. You can switch to the dark background settings and then save them out using the File->Save command on the System Colors menu (as shown below). Then load that file using the system_colors_file setting.

syscol1.png

• Use a mapkey to reset the colors to the dark background settings
  • Use a trail file and a modified launch command to automatically execute the dark background settings. A full description on how to do this is found HERE

Any of these options will get you where you want to go. Write back if you get stuck.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi Samuel...

You have multiple options:

• Set the value of system_colors_file in your config.pro to point to a file containing the settings you like. You can switch to the dark background settings and then save them out using the File->Save command on the System Colors menu (as shown below). Then load that file using the system_colors_file setting.

syscol1.png

• Use a mapkey to reset the colors to the dark background settings
  • Use a trail file and a modified launch command to automatically execute the dark background settings. A full description on how to do this is found HERE

Any of these options will get you where you want to go. Write back if you get stuck.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

Highlighted

As many mapkeys as I already have, I don't know why I didn't think of that before. Thanks a bunch.

Sam

Highlighted

Or you can set the following in your config.pro:

system_background_color 0 0 0

Highlighted

I did that, but then your dimensions are dark blue and a little difficult to see.

Highlighted

Well, you know what they say: Once you go dark......

Highlighted

It was helpful because it brightened my crap-sundae of a day. Thanks.

Announcements