cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Blend section to surface tutorial?

JeffBerg
1-Newbie

Blend section to surface tutorial?

I have attempted to follow the Pro/E Help Center guide to using INSERT-->ADVANCED-->BLEND SECTION TO SURFACE-->PROTRUSION, CUT, or SURFACE capability, but I am spinning my wheels on this matter. A dialog box pops up to assist in the definition of such features, but it is very confusing to step through the process & I have not done so successively. I want to place throughholes in a spherical or conical shell which cannot be done via the HOLE tool since the surfaces are revolved surfaces.

Can anyone steer me to an appropriate example or tutorial?

Appreciate any assistance!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

To the second point of your post, you could simply punch a thru hole in anything by defining a datum plane as your primary placement, then proceed as usual.

Hello Jeff

If you need to create a hole on any surface, here is video with a few steps:

Video Link : 1983

Have a nice day, Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

And if you need to create a feature Blend Section to Surfaces see this video:

Video Link : 1986

Have a nice day, Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags