cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Boundary blend failure with vertex

swhitehead-rice
1-Newbie

Boundary blend failure with vertex

Hi,

I am trying to create a boundary blend surface with two chains converging to a vertex point but it keeps failing and I'm not sure why.

I'm sure there aren't any open points in the chain loop.

For two of the chains, I used curve through points and ensured they both connected to the vertex point.

It informs me that the entities are tangent at the highlighted point and they should be made non-tangent. I made the curves free at the point and its still failing.

I have attached images of the boundary blend operation failing as PDF and a copy of the Creo model.

Thanks,

Sam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Sam,

Three sided boundary surfs are never easy.    If you look at the mesh you'll notice that all of the lines form a "cone" shape...   blending all that geometry down to a point makes it hard for Creo to do the math and it will often "wrinkle" the surface near the point. (and fail)  (especially a long taper like yours)

In this case,  I would recommend using your base curve (closest to the speaker circle) as the trajectory and using a "Swept Blend" feature "Normal to Projection" so that you can control the section sketches at each end.   Then Intersect-merge the surfaces together to create the outer tapered line.   You can then adjust your section shapes and angles to get the tapered line your looking for on the outer surface.   Hope this makes sense...

Looks like a fun little project!

Good Luck

Bernie

Bernie Gruman

Owner / Designer / Builder

www.GrumanCreations.com

Hello Sam

It would be easier to help if you upload STP model, instead of Creo Student Version file. I can`t open it neither I have student license.

Frankly speaking I would avoid appraoch you`re trying to accomplish this area.

Instead of trying to make 3 curves(3 sided) boundary surface, I would make 4 sided surface and trim it back,

Easiest way to make it is to use VSS too to create primary surface, then create Curve on this surface or project sketched one and trim it back.

please follow some of my tutorials which at the end should faciliate to you solving such issues in the future

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B60eG4B19bE4VWpjaFlBNlZuMzg&usp=sharing

I encourage you to to check the one below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B60eG4B19bE4RTFtcVF0UU1ta0U/view?usp=sharing

Top Tags