cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Compare drawings in creo view

vrajan
5-Regular Member

Compare drawings in creo view

Hi all,

I found an option of comparing two drawings (.drw) using creo view in a website.

Kindly can you walk me through step by step.

I tried doing in clipboard but it didnt work

I have to compare 2 drawings latest revision with old revision.

Thanks & regards

Vivek Rajan N

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
dcox-2
1-Newbie
(To:vrajan)

This article describes the process: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?source=subscription&n=CS49628

I think it is important that you use the MCAD version of Creo View, which is licensed, set this in Options → General → StartupCreo View Options.PNG

Then copy both versions of the drawing to the clipboard, open the clipboard, select both drawings and click Open in Creo View.

Click OK in the Annotation Setting box if it appears.

In the viewables tab, select both drawings, right click and select Compare Selected.

compare.png

Then you should see both drawings overlaid on each other.

Hope this helps

vrajan
5-Regular Member
(To:dcox-2)

Thanks for the reply David. Will check and come back to you

Top Tags