cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 4.0 and Intralink 11

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Creo 4.0 and Intralink 11

We are currently running Intralink 10.0 with creo 2.0. A while back we looked at upgrading to intralink 10.2 to utilize creo 3.0 (currently just using to convert solidworks files to step). Looking at the compatibility matrices, it appears that when creo 4.0 launches, windchill requires at least 2 more date codes to be functional with 4.0 (currently shows F000 as latest). We have no in house support, so all upgrades will be performed by one of PTC's authorized service providers. It's a pricey upgrade and don't want to upgrade before we can use creo 4.0 with intralink. Does PTC plan on releasing windchill upgrades on the 4.0 release or am I missing something?

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/67180/en/CreoWindchillCompatiblityRoadmap_11292016.pdf

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:Aaronm87)

Forgive me if you know this but let's make sure we are on the same page with the terminology.  Windchill is a family of products which consists of modules called Intralink and PDMLink among others.

Intralink and PDMLink are the same except Intralink has less functionality.  So it should work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

11.0 M020 is already out.

I see the download as a service pack.

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst
(To:STEVEG)

I see that now, but the compatibility matrix seems to lump intralink and windchill into the same category. Does that mean I can run Creo 4.0 with the F000 datecode of intralink?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Forgive me if you know this but let's make sure we are on the same page with the terminology.  Windchill is a family of products which consists of modules called Intralink and PDMLink among others.

Intralink and PDMLink are the same except Intralink has less functionality.  So it should work.

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst
(To:STEVEG)

Yea, I kind of knew how they were connected, but that makes sense now. I will just make sure I specify what I want if we get the go ahead and let the experts worry about compatibility .

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Minor but important clarification:

- Intralink is the same installation as Windchill, but with many things disabled.

- With Intralink, Oracle from PTC is included in the installer; with Windchill you're on your own for the database (either Oracle or SQL Server).

- There is no actual "Intralink module."  Intralink is essentially Windchill PDMLink, with many things disabled.

- Compatibility with CAD releases is identical for Intralink and Windchill.

Top Tags