cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo Parametric 2.0, How do I use the identical dimensioning scheme?

aredifer
1-Newbie

Creo Parametric 2.0, How do I use the identical dimensioning scheme?

I am working my way through The Creo Parametric 2.0 Tutorial book and am having trouble getting started with the chapter 7 exercise.

To begin the exercise you need to create an extruded protrusion that is 12 X 20 X 2 rectangular base.  Then you need to extrude a protrusion near the front left corner of the base feature just created.  This is a cylindrical protrusion of diameter 2 and height 1.  The instructions then say to be sure to use the identical dimensioning scheme. 

My Question:

How do I use the identical dimensioning scheme?

Purpose for Question:

The next step in the exercise is to click on the cylindrical protrusion and select in the Model ribbon {Model Intent}: Switch Symbols

However, the option of Switch Symbols is not displayed.  But instead Switch Dimensions is shown.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

-Drew0918161242~2~2.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TimoNurmi
4-Participant
(To:aredifer)

Using identical dimensioning scheme means creating dimensions as they are created in figure 2. It has nothing to do with Switch Symbols/Dimensions.

I think you are not using Creo 2. The command name is changed to Switch Dimensions in Creo 3 but the function is the same as Switch Symbols in Creo 2. Just go ahead...

Gagan
7-Bedrock
(To:aredifer)

There is a very Good video is available in you tube , which explain identical , variable and general pattern

Please refer below

Creo Pattern Options - Speed vs. Power: EAC Tip of the Week - YouTube

TimoNurmi
4-Participant
(To:Gagan)

Thanks for the tip. However, the question was not about patterns.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TimoNurmi)

"identical dimensioning scheme" means that your model should have the same dimensions to the same features.

The 2 images below place the feature in the exact same location but they have different dimensioning schemes.

Top Tags