cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo View opens pdf in Adobe Reader with error-message.

sdahl
1-Newbie

Creo View opens pdf in Adobe Reader with error-message.

Hi All

I am experiencing an issue with Creo View 1.0 Lite and hope you can help me find a solution.

When I click on a link to open a file from Windchill, the Internet Explorer starts Creo Viewer as expected.

But the Creo Viewer does not show the pdf-file.

The pdf-file is opened by Adobe Reader while Creo Viewer presents me with the error-message:

"Failed to load the file. Check the Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader Installation."

How do I configure Creo Viewer to show the pdf and not try to use Adobe Reader?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sdahl
1-Newbie
(To:sdahl)

ooooookay ... problem solved 😉

Officially the corporation is using Creo View 1.0, but unofficially some users are using Creo View 2.0.

And thus these users can open pdf-files in Creo View (2.0).

So by upgrading to Creo View 2.0 my issue is fixed.

Thank you for input 🙂

/Søren

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Søren,

did you read http://communities.ptc.com/message/199959#199959 ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thank you Martin.

But yes, I have already read this discussion 🙂

My computer is x86 and software is also x86.

Internet Explorer 8 shows PDF-files inside the browser. So I suspect my issue might be caused by some kind og missing communication between Creo Viewer and Adobe Reader. As if the Creo Viewer cannot see that the Adobe Reader is installed.

/Søren

hank you Martin.

But yes, I have already read this discussion 🙂

My computer is x86 and software is also x86.

Internet Explorer 8 shows PDF-files inside the browser. So I suspect my issue might be caused by some kind og missing communication between Creo Viewer and Adobe Reader. As if the Creo Viewer cannot see that the Adobe Reader is installed

[url=http://www.pass4-sure.biz]pass4-sure.biz[/url]
sdahl
1-Newbie

ooooookay ... problem solved 😉

Officially the corporation is using Creo View 1.0, but unofficially some users are using Creo View 2.0.

And thus these users can open pdf-files in Creo View (2.0).

So by upgrading to Creo View 2.0 my issue is fixed.

Thank you for input 🙂

/Søren

Hi All

I am experiencing an issue with Creo View 1.0 Lite and hope you can help me find a solution.

When I click on a link to open a file from Windchill, the Internet Explorer starts Creo Viewer as expected.

But the Creo Viewer does not show the pdf-file.

The pdf-file is opened by Adobe Reader while Creo Viewer presents me with the error-message:

"Failed to load the file. Check the Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader Installation."

How do I configure Creo Viewer to show the pdf and not try to use Adobe Reader?

Hi,

the development of Creo 1.0 applications was discontinued. Therefore the only solution is to use Creo 2.0 applications.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags