cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo Viewer

mbrorsson
2-Guest

Creo Viewer

Hi,

I have problem with hidden line removal showing anyway.

I have a STEP file I'd like to make a 2D vector file from.

When I open the STEP file in Creo viewer I choose hidden line removal

and in options Active view/Model-main/Render Mode I disable Display hidden lines as dashed line,

then save as CGM.

When I open in Adobe illustrator the line is still showing.

Does anyone knows why?

I have tried a new installation but still no luck.

-Creo viewer 2.0, M020

Thanks in advace!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

if you can run Creo Parametric, you can create drawing of your model and export it to CGM format.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thank's for quick response Martin.

Unfortunately I don´t have access to Parametic just to Viewer.

/Mia

Mia,

I opened pd.stp in Creo View MCAD 2.0 M040 and exported pd.cgm (see attached zip file). Then I included pd.cgm into Word 2010. The result is correct.

You can use my files for testing purposes on your computer.

I guess that your STEP file does not contain solid model. Maybe it was exported as surface model. Can you share this model ?

See How to attach file when you Reply to a discussion.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

I think something is wrong when choosing opaque dosen´t seem to work,

it still gets transparent.

Don't know what you mean included into word.

Can't get that to work either.

/Mia

Mia,

1.]

What happens, when you open my pd.cgm in Adobe Illustrator ? Please upload screenshot and add comment describing what's wrong.

2.]

INFO: I am able to insert my pd.cgm into Microsoft Office Word 2010 as a picture.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

My Word is from 2007 waiting for an upgrade .

Your CGM file was fine just as it should look like when opend in Illustrator.

Im not able to get you any of my files sorry, company secrets.

Thanks for taking your time Martin.

I think I'll have to get new softwares for my new computer that soon will show up.

Kind regards Mia

Last comment concerning Microsoft Office Word: Because of security threat, inserting of CGM files is disabled by default. User has to modify windows registry, to enable it.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags