cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Detail-Insert Object (PDF)

DonHeihn
5-Regular Member

Detail-Insert Object (PDF)

ProExperts

We have a project where we are making some parts for a customer that has used another Cad system to do their design and drawings. We are being furnished with PDF files of their drawings.In order to maintaincontrol of these drawings within our enviroment we are creating a cover sheet drawing in ProE WF3 and adding their PDF drawing to the ProE drawing on addtional sheets by using the Import/Object/From File. When the PDF file is brought in I believe ProE is converting the PDF fileinto a bitmap. The resolution of the bitmap is of low quality and not as good as the original PDF. Is there a way to inprove the resolution? Is there maybe a config.pro option? I looked, but could not find one. I know this method is unorthodox, but I was not given another choice. TIA

Don Heihn

Principle Designer

Southwest Research Institute

-

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:DonHeihn)

Ifthey created their pdfs directly from the cad program instead of scanning them in then you can use http://www.aidecad.com/pdf-to-dxf-converter.htmlto convert them to insertable dxfs. If they scanned them in, then they are raster (like your bitmaps) instead of vector and will never look good whatever you do.

In Reply to Don Heihn:

ProExperts

We have a project where we are making some parts for a customer that has used another Cad system to do their design and drawings. We are being furnished with PDF files of their drawings.In order to maintaincontrol of these drawings within our enviroment we are creating a cover sheet drawing in ProE WF3 and adding their PDF drawing to the ProE drawing on addtional sheets by using the Import/Object/From File. When the PDF file is brought in I believe ProE is converting the PDF fileinto a bitmap. The resolution of the bitmap is of low quality and not as good as the original PDF. Is there a way to inprove the resolution? Is there maybe a config.pro option? I looked, but could not find one. I know this method is unorthodox, but I was not given another choice. TIA

Don Heihn

Principle Designer

Southwest Research Institute

-

Michael R. Jenkins P.E.
Design Engineer
Direct: 816-801-2332
Fax: 816-891-9432

Commercial Vehicle Systems
Haldex Brake Products Corporation
10930 North Pomona Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64153-1215