cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Dimensions not rendering correctly in printout.

ptc-4906098
1-Newbie

Dimensions not rendering correctly in printout.

I am trying to print my Creo 2.0 drawing but the dimensions are not lining up correctly. I have tried increasing the quality as well as printing to PDF and hardcopy with all of the same results. Please see attached.

Thanks in advance!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4906098)

By using CutePDF, are you generating the PDF from the .drw file?

Have you tried doing as SaveAs in Creo and choosing .pdf extension?

See if this generates the same error.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

That's pretty annoying, indeed.

I took a look at a few of my PDF printouts and they don't exhibit the issue you are having.

What datecode of Creo 2.0 are on?

Thank you for your help, Antonius. I am using M040.

I just created this with M040. I am not having the same issue.

DPI is set to 600 and stroke all fonts is selected.

one view has shading with edges, the other just has shading.

dim_offset.PNG

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Are they driven dimensions or manual? Could there be cuts to the part after the intial driven dimension which makes the part shorter that the driven dimension?

Dale, there appears to be an obvious offset in both X and Y in Michelle's image.

But your point is valid. Just to know that my sample the dimensions are driving (from the model) dimensions.

I would not hesitate to open a case with PTC on this. I have no idea just how the shaded images are mapped onto drawings but I suspect there is some magic going on to make this happened. That magic could well have something to do with the display drivers. And we all know just how reliable those are

The second culprit could be the Adobe drivers themselves. Michelle, are you using normal Acrobat Reader or full Adobe software as your default PDF generator?

Hi Dale and Antonius,

My coworker and I looked a bit futher into it and found that the chamfer is not always getting printed. When he printed the drawing, he had different pipes show incorrectly. (frame 1 was wrong but 2, 3, 4, and 5 were right)

As for generating the PDF, I am using CutePDF.

Thanks!

Interesting. I guess that still leaves the mystery... where did the chamfer go?

I just added the .025 chamfer and it seems to print okay at a 1/2 drawing scale.

dim_offset_w-cham.PNG

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

By using CutePDF, are you generating the PDF from the .drw file?

Have you tried doing as SaveAs in Creo and choosing .pdf extension?

See if this generates the same error.

Thanks for the bandaid, Dale. Printing to PDF by using Save As seems to sort out the printout. I also have a case in with PTC to get their thoughts on it.

Cheers!

yep, that explains a lot.

The internal PDF printer (Save-As>Export>PDF) is much more robust. Be sure to maximize all your setting. You can save those settings to a configuration file (printer.dop) so you can access it quickly. 600DPI and stroke all fonts are highly recommended default settings

Save the printer.dop file in your working folder so you have easy access to it (you don't get to navigate to the .dop file).

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

So you were doing a conversion of .drw drawing to .pdf using CutePDF?

Yes, I was. I also saw the issue when I tried to print directly to my printer.

Top Tags