cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Distributed batch fails

BartL
5-Regular Member

Distributed batch fails

Hi All,

I'm facing a very annoying issue I can't get solved. In Creo 3.0 this program helped me a lot by creating hundreds of PDF files for me. Now since I'm on Creo 4.0 - M110 I'm trying to do the same but it keeps failing after the second object. The first 2 object are running as usual but then it hangs for about 15minutes and fails the rest of the objects.

In the log file the following error is showed but I don't know what to do with it. "Connected to Creo Pro | Failed | [-1] Error: General problem during data conversion."

Thanks in advance for the help!

10 REPLIES 10
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:BartL)

@BartL wrote:

Hi All,

I'm facing a very annoying issue I can't get solved. In Creo 3.0 this program helped me a lot by creating hundreds of PDF files for me. Now since I'm on Creo 4.0 - M110 I'm trying to do the same but it keeps failing after the second object. The first 2 object are running as usual but then it hangs for about 15minutes and fails the rest of the objects.

In the log file the following error is showed but I don't know what to do with it. "Connected to Creo Pro | Failed | [-1] Error: General problem during data conversion."

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi,

please report the problem to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@BartL

Try the same without using any of the config files. 

@BartL

Did you get a chance to test this without configs? 

BartL
5-Regular Member
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Hi Mahesh,

My apologies for the delayed answer, for some reason I couldn't login last week.

Regarding your question, yes I tried your suggestion but it didn't help. For me the most confusing is that the first 2 items are running as supposed before the batchrun stalls.

Best regards,

Bart

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@BartL wrote:

Hi Mahesh,

My apologies for the delayed answer, for some reason I couldn't login last week.

Regarding your question, yes I tried your suggestion but it didn't help. For me the most confusing is that the first 2 items are running as supposed before the batchrun stalls.

Best regards,

Bart

Hi,

from my point of view ... the problem is Creo 4.0 M110 bug. Ask PTC Support to reproduce the problem.

Martin Hanák
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@BartL

I agree with Martin, support a case with Tech Support to investigate this further. I tried the same however not reproducible on my machine. 

BartL
5-Regular Member
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

I already raised an issue report to the local ptc supplier who is in contact with ptc. They came back mentioning some environment variables settings but since they weren't very specific I still don't know what to do with it. Still waiting on a further reply from their side....
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

today I installed Creo 4.0 M110 (new clean installation, no other Creo installed on my PC).

I tested PDF export twice successfully. See attachment contents.

Note: Paths inside dxc files are related to my PC.

Martin Hanák
BartL
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the effort of doing this! I really appreciate it.

Actually this means the 'problem' has to be in my computer.

Regarding this DXC file, I've never seen this before. What is it and where can I find it? Maybe I can compare it with mine and find any difference there.

Thanks,

Bart

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@BartL wrote:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the effort of doing this! I really appreciate it.

Actually this means the 'problem' has to be in my computer.

Regarding this DXC file, I've never seen this before. What is it and where can I find it? Maybe I can compare it with mine and find any difference there.

Thanks,

Bart

Hi,

when distributed batch is installed, then you can see ptcdbatch.bat in Creo Parametric\bin subdirectory.

When you start this tool, following dialog appears

MartinHanak_1-1583402786500.png

In this dialog box you can define batch processing task and save the definition in to dxc file for future usage.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags