cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

EXTERNAL: drawing submission problem due to dependencies (Summary)

mobleykm
1-Newbie

EXTERNAL: drawing submission problem due to dependencies (Summary)

I received many responses regarding cleaning up dependencies in the drawing. I included one of the responses below. This method worked, although I had to add another step because the file that I was trying to remove still existed and therefore the cleanup dependencies window never came up. I got around this by submitting the assembly, creating a new workspace and adding the assembly to the workspace. Then I brought the assembly up into memory and brought the drawing up from the local drive. Then the cleanup dependencies window came up because the files that I was trying to remove were not in the new workspace.

I also received another idea for recreating the drawing which I have attached below. I didn't try this method.

Thanks for all the help.

Kelly

You'll probably have to use the cleanup dependencies config option

PTC turned the use of this option into rather complicated steps but here it goes:

1. Open the assembly drawing and backup it to a local folder.

1. erase the drawing from memory (only the drawing)

1. Set the following config.pro options:
cleanup_drawing_dependencies YES_CS_NOT_REQUIRED
cleanup_layout_dependencies YES_CS_NOT_REQUIRED
Easiest to put these in a seperate config file and import it in ProE
The second option is not needed in your case. It fixes layouts which are notorious for creating these kind of ghost dependencies.

1. Now open the drawing from your local folder.
And there you are, a cleanup dependencies window opens (when there are ghost dependencies found)
Now you can cleanup all dependencies which should not be there.

1. Save it and the drawing has been cleaned and ready for checkin.

We have experienced this same problem when duplicating an assembly/drawing.

The only workaround I know of right now is to create a new drawing, then use the "Insert-->Shared Data-->From File" option. Select the drawing from your Workspace. This should break the dependency link that was somehow created and held during the Save As operation.

You will need to name it something unique to start, then after deleting the current drawing, you'll be able to rename it to the original file name and be able to check it in without the dependency.

Hope this makes sense. If not, I can create a short video tutorial for you.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags