cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Erasing Parameters from Model/Assembly files

mparmenteri
5-Regular Member

Erasing Parameters from Model/Assembly files

Hi all,

I need to take an assembly out of my WindChill system and give it to our customer. To do this I need to remove the file locations and some other information that is automatically stored in the parameters of each model file. Since I cannot edit these parameters (they are locked) I can't seem to manually remove them.

In a perfect world, I would just be able to save a backup of only the geometry and give it away. A IGES or STEP file is not adequate as we want to maintain the parametric qualities of the file.

Does anyone have any input on possible means to separate the parameter info from the file/ erase the locked parameters?

Thanks,

Matt

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mparmenteri)

If you add allow_create_pdm_param yes to your config.pro file, Creo will allow you to delete the Windchill parameters from the models.  You just need to switch to "<NO SERVER>" first and open the files directly from disk.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV

If you add allow_create_pdm_param yes to your config.pro file, Creo will allow you to delete the Windchill parameters from the models.  You just need to switch to "<NO SERVER>" first and open the files directly from disk.

mparmenteri
5-Regular Member

Thanks Tom, worked without any issue.

Top Tags