cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Exclude entire parts from export

Fianna
11-Garnet

Exclude entire parts from export

Hi all, 

Can I exclude specific parts / sub-components from a step export? 

I've got assemblies imported from a supplier which are purchased in already assembled, so I'd like to exclude the sub-components from my step file export (which, in turn, will exclude them from my BOM). 

In the past I have used a parameter added to parts/assemblies to exclude those parts from a Windchill wtp BOM, but I'm using step files and a third party software to create the BOM now so I'm wondering can I do something similar to control the structure of a step file? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Fianna)

I use simplified reps to exclude items from export. Not sure this really applies to your situation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I use simplified reps to exclude items from export. Not sure this really applies to your situation.

Fianna
11-Garnet
(To:StephenW)

Thank you both 🙂 

I use layers in parts but I'm not a big fan at assembly level so I think I'll just set up an export rep and keep it updated as I add new parts. 

Cheers 🙂 

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Can I exclude specific parts / sub-components from a step export? 

Yes.  Set the config option intf_out_blanked_entities to no, then just hide anything you don't want in the export.  (Place on a layer, use a simplified rep., or just select the objects and choose 'Hide'.)  With this option set to 'no', only visible items will be included in the export data.

Top Tags